Marketing and Value Creation
Research is centered on fundamental issues inlcuding «Value Creation» from a consumer point of view (tangible and intangible need satisfaction, evolution of consummation trends) and managerial trends (Corporate Social Responsibility, commercial performance, competitive advantages, and differentiation strategies, new product development). Research is meant to be transversal and integrates the consumer behavior and the digital marketing dimensions.
The research on consumer behavior has become gradually a major issue and area in the marketing discipline. The research developed in this field has always aimed to contribute to a better understanding of the specificity and complexity of consumer behavior and consumption system. They resulted in significant conceptual and empirical advances (methodology, development of managerial practices ...). The research program of this department is part of this dynamic. Members produce research (articles published in scientific journals, research papers, book chapters, books...) on varioustopicsto enhance existing theoretical knowledge and understand the evolution of managerial practices in marketing. The research program focuses on a variety of research topics explored through various methodologies (qualitative approach «individual interviews, focus groups, ethnography, semiotics, netnography...» and quantitative approach).
The researches include the following subjects:
• Consumption behavior of the senior.
• Consumption behavior of the vulnerable people.
• Mortality salience and the aging process and their influence on the buying behavior of older.
• Socially responsible behavior and ethical sensitivity of consumers towards corporate social responsibility strategies.
• Consumer resistance towards marketing practices.
• Conspicuous consumption behavior and the role of luxury brands in this perspective.
• Modalities and consequences of consumer experiencesin the stores.
• Analysis of discourse ofthe brand (semiotics and semantics).
• Consumer responsesto brand communication strategies.
The research on the topic of Digital Marketing aims at developping theoretical and operational knowledge on issuesrelated to the digital dimension in a marketing perspective. This trend is confirmed by the large amount of research and related multidisciplinary scientific advances in the field. The research questions related to this field include for example the consequences of the profusion of new technologies on the reactions of user’s experience (professionals and consumers), the role of social networks in the development of "consumer-business” relationship... The research program of the members of this department produce research in this context including book chapters, books, scientific articles, and research papers. Several research questions are studied in a various metho-dological perspectives (qualitative approach «individual interviews, focus groups, netnography...» and quantitative approach):
• Modalities and consequences of the interaction between consumers and brands on social networks.
• The role ofsocial networksin the co-creation of offers by consumers and companies.
• Uses of social networks by consumers.
• Uses of technology in the private, professional and commercial sphere